Christina Gutierrez, MD, FACOG
Obstetrics and Gynecology
About the Provider
Dr. Christina Gutierrez is a San Antonio native who earned her undergraduate degree from Harvard University before attending medical school at UT Southwestern in Dallas, followed by her residency at College of Medicine in Houston. She happily returned to San Antonio in 2003 and entered private practice. During this time, she also served in clinical leadership capacities in local hospital systems.
Dr. Gutierrez is committed to providing complete care in general obstetrics and gynecology. She has a special interest in minimally invasive surgery, particularly vaginal hysterectomies. Additionally, she is passionate about providing care and support for new parents, promoting breastfeeding, as well as preventing, detecting, and treating postpartum mood disorders.
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology - Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Doctorate of Medicine: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas, Texas
- Bachelor Degree: Biology - Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Pregnancy care
- Postpartum care/Postpartum depression
- Minimally invasive surgeries
- Vaginal hysterectomy
- Abnormal Pap smears
- Basic infertility
- Contraceptive management and alternatives
- Geriatric gynecology