Jessica Guerrero, MD, FACOG
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Jessica Denisse Guerrero, MD, is an experienced obstetrician and gynecologist who has been practicing in San Antonio since 2010, after completing her residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center. Dr. Guerrero chose to remain in San Antonio out of her love for both the community and its people. She earned her medical degree in her birthplace of Puerto Rico and her undergraduate degree in California, where she grew up. Dr. Guerrero is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Guerrero provides care for women during every stage of life. While her practice encompasses every aspect of general obstetrics and gynecology, she has a special interest in adolescent gynecology, family planning and minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Guerrero prides herself on the relationships she builds with her patients, the basis of which is her commitment to listen and gather a thorough history. From this knowledge, she develops a customized care plan that meets each individual’s specific needs. Dr. Guerrero considers it an honor to be allowed to take care of her patients during some of the most momentous and significant experiences of a woman’s life.
Equally committed to her family, Dr. Guerrero shares with her husband an adult son, two young daughters, and a Yorkshire terrier. She enjoys traveling, cooking, interior decorating, and event planning, and is fluent in Spanish and English.
Education and Training
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas
- Medical Degree: Ponce School of Medicine, Ponce, Puerto Rico
- Bachelor of Arts: Biology and History - University of California, Santa Barbara
- Well woman exams and preventive care
- Comprehensive gynecologic care
- Adolescent gynecology
- Routine prenatal care and delivery
- Family planning and contraception
- Infertility evaluations
- In-office procedures
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Robotic-assisted surgery