Jose Farina, MD, FACOG
Obstetrics and Gynecology
About the Provider
Obstetrician and gynecologist, Jose Farina, is adding his deep experience to the physician staff of Acacia OB/GYN. A fellow of American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Farina began serving the women of San Antonio in 1990 through the City's Metropolitan Health District and in private practice.
A native of Cuba, Dr. Farina found his way to San Antonio for his undergraduate degree at UTSA. He earned his medical degree from Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez, Escuela de Medicina, then completed his internship and residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Hurley Medical Centers in Michigan.
During his career, Dr. Farina has held clinical leadership positions in practice groups and with local hospital systems. He has also give back to his profession in teaching capacities at University of Incarnate Word and University of Texas Health Science Center, as well as instructing other physicians in robotic surgery techniques. During his free time, Dr. Farina enjoys time with his wife and children, as well as hunting, fishing, and reading.
- Residency: Hurley Medical Center, University of Michigan, Arbor, Michigan
- Internship: Family Medicine - St. Joseph Hospital, Flint, Michigan
- Medical School: Doctorate of Medicine - Universidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
- Undergraduate: Bachelor degree - University of Texas, San Antonio, Texas
- General Gynecological Care
- Family Planning
- General & High Risk Obstetrics
- Abnormal Pap Smear Management
- Laparoscopic & Robotically Assisted Surgery
- Tubal Sterilization
- Endometrial Ablation