Leora Cavazos Collins MD, FACOG
Board Certified Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Residency: Methodist Health System, Dallas, Texas
- Medical Degree: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas Texas
About the Provider
Dr. Leora Cavazos Collins, is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She had aspirations to become a doctor since high school, where she graduated at top of her class. In her residency program, she took on leadership roles and additional studies in high-risk obstetrics and minimally invasive surgery.
Leora Cavazos Collins, MD is a passionate supporter of women’s health. She believes in shared decision making and provides comprehensive gynecologic and obstetric care for women of all ages; using advanced training in obstetrics and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. She performs in office procedures such as hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy, endometrial ablation and LEEP. She has experience treating high risk pregnancy, including gestational and pre-existing diabetes, high blood pressure, gestational hypertension, and pre-eclampsia, intrauterine growth restriction and history of pre-term labor.
She is bilingual, in both Spanish and English.
- Well woman and annual exams, mammograms, DEXA
- Family planning, contraception
- Pre-pregnancy health counseling
- Routine prenatal care and delivery
- Management of post pregnancy-related health issues
- Vaginal birth after cesarean
- Hormone management (infertility, menopause)
- Abnormal uterine bleeding, fibroids
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome